By Angela Cox
Good Time Charlies – Good Time had by all!!
Crewe’s newest play barn, based in Mary Street, just off Queen Street in Crewe is Good Time Charlies, which opened Saturday 16th February 2013.
Both children and adults are all very impressed with the facilities and space – but best of all, is the main play frame with the 14 Metre long Slide, that is 6.5 Metres high. As adults are allowed on with children, I couldn’t resist testing this myself – it is fast!!
The centre itself is clean, brightly coloured and very spacious, with friendly staff, and lots to do to keep children occupied.
Facilities included are:
- 120 Seated Cafe Area, Hot and cold food and drinks.
- Food choices are from simple toast options through to roast dinners on a Sunday – all home cooked.
- Cakes are delicious!
- Rapunzel’s Hair & Nail Salon – get pampered whilst the children play!
- 3 party rooms – hosting a variety of packages, starting from £9.95.
- One interesting option is the Racey Knights – £12.95 for 2 hours in duration – including 45 minutes remote control car racing and stunts!
- Sensory area
- Sports hall with ball games
- Castle play frames – large main, smaller toddler area.
- Remote control racing cars (Silverlit 3D Twister RC Stunt Cars) – £1.00 per 20 minutes – pre-book to avoid disappointment – Ideal for 5+.
- Lockers, buggy park
- Baby changing in both men’s and women’s toilets
- Disabled access
- Loyalty card – 7th play free
- Children’s activities and classes arranged so far are with Diddi Dance, Kidzkitchen, X Academy, Little Picasso, Term Time sessions such as story time.
Opening times are Mon – Sun 9am – 5.30pm
Late night opening on Wednesdays till 7pm
Ideal for popping in after the school run with friends and toddlers after doing the school run, or for children to let off steam after school!!
0-6 months – free
6-11 months – £1
1-12 years – £4
This fee applies all times of the year not just term time, but there is a limited 2 hour play in busy periods.
There is 10% discount to childminders Mon-Fri showing NCMA or similar ID.
Definitely worth a visit – well done to all the staff involved, as their hard work over the last few weeks, getting everything ready for opening has paid off, and I think it will be a very popular venue in Crewe.
We will be going back as soon as possible, and it is fantastic that this part of Crewe now has somewhere for children and parents to go that is open in time for half term!
Story ©Angela Cox 2013
Photos courtesy ©Good Time Charles Ltd 2013