Service Changes and updates
6th October 2013
- Service 20 changing from 6th October 2013: new Monday to Sunday route and timetable to improve reliability.
- Haslington extension withdrawn.
- Running time between Crewe Rail Station – Haslington and Radway Green retimed on some journeys.
- Some journeys from Leighton Hospital to run 3 mins early.
- Slight change to Sunday arrival at Leighton Hospital on 1 journey arr 0908
22nd September 2013
- 9 D&G Bus Wistaston – South Cheshire College – Crewe – Elm Drive: some Monday to Friday afternoon journeys will no longer serve Elm Drive (see service 8A for replacement buses). Monday to Friday afternoon service to Wistaston will be revised, with some journeys now operating via both Kings Drive and Broughton Lane.
- 8, 8A D&G Wistaston Green – Crewe – Sydney: some Monday to Friday afternoon journeys will operate as service 8A instead of service 8.
- 45, 45A D&G Bus Crewe – Ashbank – Nantwich: the 0822 journey from Marshfield to Crewe will be retimed to depart at 0812 and run 10 minutes earlier throughout.
- 85 D&G Bus Crewe – Hanley: the 0815 journey from Crewe to Hanley will be retimed to depart at 0835 and will operate 20 minutes later throughout. The 0930 journey from Crewe to Hanley will be retimed to depart at 0935 and will operate 5 minutes later between Crewe and Newcastle.
2nd September 2013
- 378 Stagecoach Wilmslow to Manchester: Winter timetable reintroduced. 1730 from Wilmslow Mon – Fri retimed to 1735.
- 39 High Peak Macclesfield – Buglawton – Congleton – revised route and timetable. Some journeys now operate via Byrons Lane.
1st September 2013
- 392, 393 High Peak service: Monday to Friday Changes: 0715 from Macclesfield retimed to arrive Stockport 10 mins later at 0825. 0810 from Macclesfield retimed to arrive Stockport 10 mins later at 0905. 0720 from Stockport retimed to leave 10 mins early now at 0710. Arrives Macclesfield at the same time of 0808. 1550 from Stockport retimed to leave 20 mins later at 1610. Now arrives Macclesfield at 1713. No change to Saturday timetable.
- SB1, SB2, SB3 D&G Sandbach services: Timetables revised.
- D&G Bus Cheshire Travelcard discount will be up to 20% from 1st September 2013 for eligible tickets.
Congleton 1st September 2013
There will be major changes to bus services serving Congleton from 1st September 2013.
bakerbus have made a commercial decision to withdraw all their commercial services except for part of the 99, 99B service.
The 99, 99B service will still run from Biddulph – Congleton – Buglawton with only 1 morning journey and 1 evening journey to Macclesfield arriving Macclesfield at 0834 and 2034. There will only be one journey from Macclesfield to Congleton and Biddulph leaving Macclesfield at 1841.
Please call the Cheshire Traveline on 0845 140 2666 open 8am to 8pm 7 days a week (local call rate) for full details including details of the new commercial High Peak 39 service, part replacing the withdrawn 99 journeys.
As a result of these changes D&G Bus and High Peak have registered the following services to replace most of those withdrawn by bakerbus, subject to Traffic Commissioner approval:
- 90 D&G Congleton – Bromley Estate
- 91 D&G Congleton – Mossley Circular
- 42 D&G Crewe – Leighton Hospital – Holmes Chapel – Congleton: diverted to serve West Heath via (Cumberland Rd, Chestnut Rd, Sycamore Ave, Delamere Rd) to replace withdrawn bakerbus X38, 93 West Heath journeys.
- 77 D&G Congleton – Kidsgrove – diverted to serve Padgbury Lane, Ullswater Road and Sandbach Road.
- 76 D&G Congleton – Banky Fields – The Westlands: part replacement for the withdrawn bakerbus 76 service. Serves Banky Fields and The Westlands in opposite direction to previous service. See revised 77 for Ullswater Road replacement.
- 36 D&G Crewe – Haslington – Sandbach: new service part replacing the withdrawn bakerbus X38 service. Will serve Haslington, Primrose Avenue on all journeys.
- 39 High Peak Macclesfield – Buglawton – Congleton – new commercial service.
- X38 passengers can use the existing 38 service to / from Crewe, Sandbach and Congleton.
Further details including information on the new routes and timetables can be found via:
- Cheshire Traveline 01244 972666 (open 7 days a week 8am to 8pm)
15th July to 10th September
Roadworks and Other Changes
Wellington Road, Nantwich
Wellington Road Nantwich will be closed from 15th July until 10th September 2013.
During the period of this closure the following bus services will be diverted and may be subject to delay:
- Service 39 Nantwich – Stapeley – Wybunbury – Crewe: this service will operate along London Road in both directions but will continue to serve Pear Tree Field and Hawksey Drive estates.
- Service 51 Nantwich – Cronkinson Oak: this service will operate along Shrewbridge Road, but will continue to serve Station View and Parkfield Road.
- Service 73 Nantwich – Audlem – Whitchurch: this operate will operate along Shrewbridge Road in both directions.