The annual annual Wistaston Village Fete takes place this Saturday 20th June at a new venue: Wistaston Church Lane Primary School, CW2 8EZ.
The event will start with the Rose Queen procession from the Wistaston Memorial Hall at 1:30pm with a tour including Westfield Drive, White Hart Lane, Kings Drive, Princess Drive, Holyrood Drive, and Sandringham Drive, arriving at the school field for the official opening of the fete.
This year’s fete will be bigger than ever with over thirty stalls as well as events in the arena.
The theme this year is ‘Colours of the Rainbow’. Admission to the fete is by donation and proceeds go towards other Wistaston village events.
- 1:30pm – The Piper leads the Rose Queen’s procession from Wistaston Memorial Hall to the School.
- 1:45pm – 1:50pm – The Piper leads the Rose Queen into the Arena at the School.
- 1:50pm – 2pm – Rose Queen, Rachel Astbury, is crowned by the Rector, Mike Turnbull.
- Wistonian of the Year, Gwyneth Brown, opens the fete.
- Judging of Fancy Dress by Gwyneth Brown and Eileen Bamber.
- 2:15pm – 2:35pm – Wistaston Scout Group
- 2:40pm – 2:55pm – Scottish Dancers
- 3:00pm – 3:05pm – Laurie Twiss Award presented by Gwyneth, Wistonian of the Year
- 3:10pm – 3:30pm – Hartford Gymnastics Display Team
- 3:35pm – 3:55pm – The Alison Gallagher School of Dance
- 4:00pm – 4:20pm – Liberty Morris Dance Group
In the School Hall there will be a Café where the following will entertain:
- 2:15pm – 2:35pm – Church Lane Primary School Choir
- 2:45pm – 3:05pm – Irish Dancers
- 3:15pm – 3:25pm – The Funky Choir
Please note times are approximate.
Come and enjoy the fun of the fete – don’t forget the Children’s Fancy Dress competition.
There will be a Tombola, many other stalls to tempt you, many games to play and there will be a Thomas the Tank Engine to take you on a little journey around the field.
By Jonathan White